We come to your school with all the equipment needed and offer a range of unique, entertaining, and educational sessions about the history of science and flight. Education Outside The Classroom [Video] Leonardo da Vinci Inventions Balloon Making
"In my eight years of teaching it is the best presentation I have seen"
"It is not often enough that we are offered visits to schools that are as entertaining as they are educational"
EOTC - Education Outside The Classroom
Unique programme involving Blokarts, Hang-gliding simulators and moon walking hang-gliders. The students just love it!!!!
- Introduction and demonstration on interactive hang-gliding sculpture/simulator
- We then start with some team problem solving. They have to put the blokarts together ( with some guidance ) but have to remember exactly how it all fits in the bag.
- Then some physical action. Blokart races. The first part of learning to use blokarts is to get an idea of their maneuverability. We set up some cones and the students race off against each other using pupil power for propulsion.
- During this we start the moon walking hang-glider. We have a specially designed glider which 8 students at a time help run the glider up to take off speed and the student experiences lift off. ( No danger as 8 students are holding on ).
- Once everyone has had a blokart race we then get the students having a go on the sculpture with their teachers help . This is set up so when the students moves his body correctly the glider responds as it does when flying.
- While students are waiting for their turn on the sculpture or moon walking hang-glider. they will be trying to come up with some rules for a unique ball/frisbee game.
- We finish the session by taking the blokart apart and putting it back in its bag without any help. The team that remembers the best gets a small prize.
Leonardo da Vinci
Leonardo da Vinci dreamt of flying and came up with many of the flying concepts we use today.
This unique show has the Birdman taking the students through the history of flight from flying capes and parachutes to hang-gliders, balloons and planes.
Each student will see what it is like to fly Leonardo's glider. They will get to bank the wings on a hand-gliding simulator.
Teachers looking for a novel experience which brings out science, technology, art and social studies will find what they want from the Inventions Programme.
Students are taken through time in a fascinating journey. They start in the caveman days with man's first tools - slingshots, bows and arrows, catapults and wheels are used. Then the worlds greatest discoverers (Archimedes, Leonardo da Vinci, Boyle, Newton, Faraday, George Cayley, Wright brothers) are brought to life using flotation, air experiments, gravity, gliders and sound.
With a combination of exciting hands-on activities and fascinating demonstrations the students gain a better understanding of the origins of the present world. All equipment is brought to your school.
This is an action-packed session in which the students learn all about air, air expansion and the history of balloons. They are then split up into groups of 3 or 4 and each group get to make up their very own balloon. Completed balloons will then be test flown at the end of the session.
We provide all the necessary materials and equipment.